Saturday, November 06, 2010

Clippin the coupons....

So I used coupons for the first time today. It was totally cool to see the bill and then start watching all of the savings come off. I saved $75 and it was such a rush!! I don't think I have ever seen my grocery cart so full of food. I was so excited with my savings I literally had a little skip in my step while heading out to the car. When I got home I told Rob we can't put any of it away until we take it out of bags and look at it all!!! Seriously it was so much fun!! I got 3 free toothbrushes. I bought 3 deodorants on sale and with a coupon got 3 bottles of Olay body wash completely free!!! Olay body wash is $5.50 a bottle, I know I am awesome! :) Who knew you could actually save money and have it be so much fun. Hopefully I will get better at it, I told the check out lady that I was new to coupon'ing as if she needed me to tell her. It totally showed, I would hand her a printed out coupon with one coupon on the entire sheet. I said, I will trim those down next time. As I left she said, not bad for a newbie. I agree it felt pretty good to save so much money and have a trunk full food and goodies!! I will for sure be clippin the coupons again next week! :)

No comments: